It’s that time of year again, back to school (or if you are like Eliza and I, this is the first time that our little one’s have ventured into this exciting new phase of life!) Does anyone else struggle to come up with new, exciting, healthy food ideas for snacks and lunches?? And more importantly, one’s that the kids will actually eat (nothing nice about pulling out half eaten goodies from the lunch box at the end of the day!)
Eliza and I are keen foodies and thought we would share some of our favourite (and easy!) ideas:
- Anything on a skewer: cut up veggies, fruit, cheese, eggs, pieces of cold meat, bread. Kids love bite size pieces and the skewer makes it more fun and novel!
- Organic yoghurt squeezies (5Am do a great one, available in the fridge section at your supermarket)
- Fresh fruit – pick one’s that stay nice in a lunch box, apples, mandarins, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Sandwiches cut into cute shapes with shape cutter – think gingerbread men, butterflies, stars, hearts. Kids love anything that is fun – including sandwiches!
- Home made muffins, you can make savoury or sweet, they are super easy to make and freeze really well. Make a big batch and keep them on hand in the freezer, check out these recipes: ki7y8talo3e23uih